Teaching kids how to include healthy exercise from the early stages of their development is a gift that will endure throughout their lives.
Whilst obesity is on the rise due to increased screen time, there are ways of reversing this growing trend and helping our children to enjoy daily exercise and outdoor activities, which they love given the opportunity.
Here are some of the health benefits an active child can expect.
Exercise Improves Physical Health:
- A stronger immune system! The body’s ability to fight disease is improved.
- A reduction of type 2 diabetes by increasing insulin sensitivity
- A lower blood pressure and an improvement of the child’s cholesterol profile.
- A strengthening of the entire cardiovascular system, including the heart and lungs.
- Children are less likely to become overweight and will have better control of their body fat.
- Children develop stronger bone structure and muscle structure.
Active children enjoy additional health benefits, because:
- Exercise increases the blood flow to all body tissues, including the brain.
- Active children improve their body’s ability to absorb oxygen through aerobic exercise.
- Increased blood flow promotes the body’s transportation of the byproducts of metabolism and toxins back from the cells for elimination, recycling, or further use elsewhere.
- Active children breathe better and sweat more. Breathing and sweating are great ways to detoxify the body and help it keep itself “clean.”
- Children increase their over-all fitness through exercise.
Exercise Improves Mental Health
- Exercise enhances the brain’s metabolism.
- Moderate, fun-oriented exercise literally burns off excess harmful hormones and, at the same time, increases the release of beneficial ones.
- Active children have the ability to concentrate much better, even at the end of a long school day.
- Studies report that exercise decreases anxiety, reduces depression, and improves mood and outlook in children. In addition, their quality of sleep is improved.
Perhaps most importantly, physical activity develops children’s self-esteem and confidence. Their ability to overcome challenging situations improves and they simply enjoy a better, sunnier outlook on life. In addition, our adolescent children can develop further social skills such as leadership and empathy.
Get your kids in the pool, on the tennis court, rugby field and cricket pitch with Commander HQ’s range of kids sports gear
at fantastic member-only prices.
is a members-only online store offering up to 50% off on top international brands
, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Shop brands
such as Canterbury
for rugby, Columbia
for the outdoors, Speedo
for swimming, and Craft
for cycling. Don't miss out on these deals.
Our payment gateways are safe and secure and cancelling is quick and easy. Want to find out more? Contact us
- we look forward to hearing from you!